Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our apartment!

We actually hit a lucky streak and found the best apartment on the first try. It's 100 square meters (about 1,000 square feet). Probably too big for us, it has three bedrooms, but very affordable for its size. I'm in love with it. It has a loft, a balcony, and for Albert's pleasure a garage. He can walk or bike to work because it's only about a kilometer away.

We don't have any furniture yet, not even a mattress, and the essentials are definitely lacking. We didn't ship anything over with us except silverware, a tea pot, and some pictures. But hey, I get to spend my time perusing IKEA!!!


Let's see, in the first picture...Kuche=Kitchen, Eltern and Kind=Bedroom, Balkon=Balcony, WC and Bad=Water Closet and Bathroom, Essen=Dining, Wohnen=Living.

The second picture is the loft and has a gallery and bedroom. The stairs up to the loft are those cool spirally kind.

We're on the top floor (the third) and are the only door up there, so it's like a private entrance. There are only four apartments in the building. It's on a very quiet street and very close to a train station.

I'll post more pictures when we get in there. We move in January 1st.

2 comments:

Cora Kemp said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you guys got it! and let me tell you! make one of those bedrooms a guest room with a cute futon! O I'll be there! I'm saving away like crazy!!! :) can't wait!

Grandma said...

This is so exciting to hear that you have an apartment and will be able to move in January 1. It sounds like such a great apartment too. I can see that Ikea gift cards may be a good thing.