Thursday, January 7, 2010

Paint

I'm really having trouble deciding what color to paint my accent wall in our new living room. The couch we want is a dark grey, so I'm thinking of going with a red or blue. Sadly, I didn't take these beautiful rose pictures. But now I'm considering buying roses just to take pictures! Ok, back on track. Here are close to the color choices.


And here is the wall. Don't pay attention to the curtains, the previous tenant left those here, and I can keep them or move them to a different room. There is a lot of light in this room. The floors are a light wood (linoleum). And the wall I'm talking about is on the far right next to the windows. It goes up into the gallery area. Our couch would go against that wall. I'm really taking into consideration the feel of each color.

Blue is a cool color and will make the room feel bigger, even though it already is. It will also have a calming effect. When you see blue, what do you think of? I think of clouds.

Red is a warm color and will make the room feel closer. It makes your blood pressure go up. What do you think of when you see red? Besides red being my favorite color, I think of hot. (I know you can't really think of hot but that's where my mind goes.)

Please let me know what you think! I'm really torn between the two because I've done red a lot, but I like it so much.

No comments: